General Time Line:
- My first bicycle race was a Category 4 Criterium in South Florida in 1981 when I was 29.
- I stopped racing from 1987-1992 while attending graduate school at University of Florida.
- After graduate school I raced mountain bikes from 1994 to 1997.
- Resumed road racing as a Category 5 racer in 1997.
- Upgraded to Category 4 in 1997 and finished 5th in the season long Cat 4 Florida Points Series in 2000.
- Earned upgrade to Category 3 and have raced mostly in Masters and (a few) Category 3 races since 2001.
- Completed Velodrome Class at Dick Lane Velodrome in Fall 2010 and began gaining track racing experience.
Racing Results: All results listed are for first place finishes in mass start road events. I have lots of second place finishes because of one wheel sucking sprinter (who’s name will go unmentioned here). He did use this skill to win the National Criterium Championship on 8/16/2004 in Park City, UT and I was there to witness it. I didn’t feel too bad after that. If you’re a sprinter you race a sprinter’s race!
- Jacksonville Dash for Cash (4/9/2000) – Men’s Category 4
- State Championship “Warm-up” Criterium (5/13/2000) – Men’s Category 4
- Lake Mary Criterium (3/24/02) – Master 50+ (M50+)
- Labor Day Classic Criterium (9/1/2002) – M50+
- Lake Mary Criterium (3/23/2003) – M50+
- Jacksonville Criterium (5/3/2003) – M50+
- Humanity Criterium (2/18/2007) – M55+
- University of Florida Criterium (2/25/2007) – M55+
- Gearlink Cup Criterium (3/10/2007) – M55+
- Camp Murphy Circuit Race (9/8/2007) – M55+
- Stuart Omnium (9/9/2007) – M55+
- Florida Velo Circuit Race (10/6/2007) – M55+
- Team Florida Criterium (2/10/2008) – M55+
- Sanford Lakefront Criterium (2/23/2008) – M55+
- Sugarloaf Mountain (Ferndale) Criterium (5/4/2008) – M55+
- Bikefest Circuit Race (9/20/08) – M55+
- Sanford Lakefront Criterium (2/21/09) – M55+
- Bike America / Team Cocos Criterium (3/29/2009) – M55+
- Gasparilla Criterium (3/29/20014) – M60+
- Velo Fest Old City Criterium (5/25/2014) – M60+
As you can see from the race results listed above I know how to win bicycle races when I get serious about training and racing. There are some significant periods of gaps in the results when I was focusing on other projects like recovering from throat cancer treatment (fall 2005) and doing Moto Referee work (from spring 2006 – 2012), and working to rebuild the Orlando Road Club Junior Program (2012 – 2016). Now I plan to focus on doing some track racing and building up my coaching business.